Toto is considered one of the more — if not the most — reputable companies when it comes to purchasing a toilet. Along with producing durable, quality commodes, Toto’s passion for experience allows a toilet to be so much more than a necessity for any home or business.
In A Rush? Get this one!
Make sure to come back later (whenever you’re ready) and review my other recommendations if you don’t need to go purchase a toilet ASAP.
With Toto, using the toilet can be almost equivalent to a spa visit. Several models come equipped with things like:
- Washlets (a bidet-type, hygienic system that shoots warm water up from beneath to ensure that you are completely cleansed after using the toilet)
- Seat warmers
- Remote control technology
- Automatic flush and seat-opening/closing technology
In 2015, the Washington Post detailed how Japan’s obsession with toilets bore “some of the world’s best bathrooms,” so it comes as no surprise that Toto’s story is one that began in Japan nearly a century ago.
Toto’s products reflect their philosophy and standards, which value the use of innovation and technology, cleanliness, and a dedication to protecting the environment to ensure that your bathroom needs aren’t simply fulfilled — but that a bathroom can provide a place of refuge, rejuvenation and luxury.
Toto has a plethora of toilets available and they are constantly working to make newer and even better models for purchase.
I handpicked the best of the best when it comes to the Toto brand, based on which models would best appeal to a variety of different needs. Best models are categorized by the following common toilet types:
- Wall-hung: Toilets that float above the floor where only the bowl is visible and the tank is hidden behind the wall
- Dual flushing: Allows you to choose between two different flush strengths
- One-piece: There are no seams — the tank and bowl are fixed together in one piece
- Two-piece: The bowl and the tank are separate
- Washlet: Toto’s patented bidet-like self-cleaning spout
- Commercial: Toilets use in commercial spaces like businesses, lobbies or offices
So pull up a seat (pun intended) and take a look at the best Toto toilet reviews.
Best Toto Toilet For Any Purpose and Budget
Toto Toilet Reviews For Any Purpose
Wall-Hung: Toto Aquia Wall Hung (Under $350)
A wall-hung toilet (also commonly referred to as in-wall toilet or wall-mounted toilet) has become a trend in the toilet world — and for good reason.
Wall-hung toilets float above the ground, offering a minimal, sleek and sophisticated look. They complement any decor and offer any bathroom a touch of luxury.
When it comes to any type of toilet, you can count on Toto to do it right. And when it comes to Toto’s Aquia Wall Hung Dual Flush toilet, the Aquia Wall is a go-to for anyone looking to transition over to the world of wall hung toilets.
- CalGreen compliant
- Operates at 1.6 GPF so you can use less water and save money on bills
- CeFIONtect feature gives Toto its smooth and shiny surface, while also reducing the need to manually clean and preventing the buildup of microbes, mold and mildew
- Dual max flushing system offers a powerful flush that will keep the bowl clean
- Saves space
- Beautiful design
- Durable and effective
- Wall mounted toilets can be difficult to install and pricey
- Weight: 66.5 lbs
- Dimensions: 21 x 14.2 x 15 inches
Dual Flushing: Ultramax II MS604114CEFG#01 (Under $800)
There’s a bevy of features that make this the best flushing toilet you could ask for. One thing that makes this model truly stand out is TOTO’s Double Cyclone technology. This technology ensures a powerful flush that thoroughly cleans and empties the bowl each time. And despite its strength, the flush is quiet enough that no one in your house will be disturbed, regardless of their location.
- The 1.28 GPF ensures that you get a great flush while also conserving water
- This features a 12-inch elongated seat that provides comfort for all individuals
- SanaGloss barrier keeps the surface shiny and smooth, and prevents you from having to manually clean the toilet as often as you would with comparable models
- WaterSense certified
- ADA compliant
- Fantastic flush
- Elongated rim may make it more difficult to fit into certain bathrooms
- Weight: 99 lbs
- Dimensions: 35 x 33 x 23 inches
- Finish: Chrome
One-Piece: Toto Neorest 1.0 GPF and 0.8 GPF 700H (Under $5,000)
One of the main appeals of a one-piece toilet over a two-piece toilet is maintenance and installation. Because there is only one piece, it can be much easier and even less expensive to have this type of toilet installed. And when it comes to the best one piece from Toto — or probably any company — you can’t beat the Neorest.
If the price tag made you stagger, don’t worry — there are plenty of lower priced one-piece toilets available from Toto. But the Neorest has earned the title of best one-piece because it basically comes equipped with everything you could ever dream of having in a toilet.
- Hands-free automatic flush
- VERY high-efficiency with 1.0 or 0.8 GPF depending on your needs
- Seat warmer with temperature control
- Gentle, aerated spray with oscillating and pulsating features
- Automatically senses the size of flush required
- Hands-free flush system
- Sleek, stylish and sophisticated
- Automatic deodorizer
- Night light
- Elongated bowl with SoftClose seat ensures optimal comfort
- Electrolyzed water technology breaks down bacteria
- ADA compliant
- Includes pretty much everything you could want in a toilet
- Self-cleaning to a point that your maintenance time will be minimal
10-inch Rough-In: Toto (Under $300)
If you have a compact space that needs to be accommodated by a smaller toilet, a 10-inch rough-in may be the way to go. The following model from Toto accommodates the needs of those looking for a 10-inch rough-in toilet while also offering a variety of great features.
- Conserve water a get a powerful flush with a 1.6 GPF
- It can fit into tight spaces but also has an elongated bowl and universal height, so that every individual will be comfortable when using this model
- A chrome trip lever adds to the already amazing aesthetic appeal
- G-Max flushing system does an excellent job of cleaning the bowl
- Complements any decor
- Great for smaller spaces
- Quality flush and durable
- On the pricier side for a 10-inch rough-in
- Weight: 48 lbs
- Dimensions: 29 x 15 x 17.2 inches
Two-Piece: Toto Drake With Elongated Bowl and Sanagloss
Two-piece toilets have an advantage over one-piece toilets in that they are easier to transport and carry up stairs, since the weight is divided between two pieces. The drawback is that cleaning can be more difficult since you need to scrub between crevices, where grime and bacteria can build up.
Fortunately, this model comes equipped with Toto’s signature Sanigloss finish that makes cleaning easier and prevents the buildup of mold and microbes.
- Comes equipped with a trap that prevents clogs
- Quiet, powerful, commercial-grade flushing performance
- Fast Flush included — a 125% LARGER flush valve than the standard flush valve (the Drake’s is three inches, while the standard size is two inches)
- 1.6 GPF helps you to conserve water, which helps protect the environment while also reducing your bills
- Durability means that you can look forward to using this toilet for years to come
- A contemporary design and lovely aesthetic ensure that this model will complement any bathroom decor
- Complements any type of decor
- Sanigloss ion barrier ensures that you are left with a sparkling clean bowl after each and every use
- Simple yet extremely aesthetic appealing in a way that will appeal to all tastes — including those of your guests
- Easy to install and even easier to use
- Elongated seat may cause some issues if you are installing in very cramped quarter that need as much leg room left open as possible
- More maintenance required when it comes to cleaning than with one of Toto’s one-piece models
- Weight: 103 lbs
- Dimensions: 28 x 19.5 x 28.5 inches
Washlet: Toto 1.28-GPF/0.9 GPF G500 (Under $2,000)
A washlet is something that can make a toilet go from necessity to luxury. Washlets are also exclusive to Toto brand toilets, which is one of a plethora of things that make them head honcho when it comes to the business of bathrooms.
A washlet is a self-cleaning wand that delivers warm water from underneath. We talk a lot about a good flushing system being essential to ensuring you have a clean bowel; a washlet ensures you leave the bathroom feeling completely clean as well.
- Dual flush toilet that allows you to choose between 1.28 GPF and 0.9 GPF
- Meets all the requirements of ADA compliance
- WaterSense certified
- Equipped with Toto’s 3D Tornado Flush system. This system uses two nozzles to use a minimal amount of water while also delivering a powerful flush that keeps your bowl completely clean.
- Lid automatically opens and closes
- Automatic flush
- Made from vitreous china, which prevents buildup and inhibits the growth of bacteria
- Remote control operation and memory for two-users; illuminated touchpad
- Awesome technological features
- Easy to use and clean
- Built to last
- ADA compliant
- Installation can be tricky
- Weight: 24.6 lbs
- Dimensions: 28.5 x 11.8 x 25.2 inches
- Shape: Elongated
Commercial: Toto Flushometer High Efficiency (Under $350)
Sleek and sophisticated, this wall-mounted toilet is a perfect — and affordable — option for your business or office. This model is also eco-friendly and boasts low water consumption.
- Siphon jet action to ensure that the bowl is clean and the flush is effective in leaving NO leftover waste in the bowl
- ADA compliant
- Elongated front rim to accommodate different body types and conditions for maximum comfort
- Uses green technology
- Automatic flush
- SanaGloss ceramic glaze reduces the need for manual cleaning and prevents the growth of bacteria
- Wall mounted design gives it a gorgeous aesthetic
- Suitable for all spaces and individuals
- Installation can be difficult and costly with any wall mounted toilet depending on the space.
- Weight: 49 lbs
- Dimensions: 17.2 x 16 x 26 inches
I was debating whether or not to give the coveted “Best Overall” title to the Neorest or the Drake.
In the end, the Neorest won out, simply because it is above and beyond one of the best — if not the best — toilet that is available on the market today. With innovative technologies, a gorgeous aesthetic, durability and cleanliness, the Neorest simply can’t be beat.
Although the Neorest is very, VERY expensive, there are some perks when it comes to the price:
- Never needing to worry about turning a bathroom fan on
- Using less toilet paper — or not using toilet paper at all thanks to the washlet and dryer!
- A truly luxurious and comfortable experience
That’s what I consider Toto’s absolute best.
Fortunately, you really can’t go wrong with a Toto. So whatever you choose, simply make sure it fits your needs and budget. Toto boasts a broad menu of toilets, and that menu continues to grow, so there’s definitely one that will be the perfect fit for you, your home and your family.