Last Updated on
In A Rush? Here's our winner!
Top Reasons to Buy
Hard water can cause a lot of problems when it comes to your home and health. Your plumbing can get damaged by minerals and scale, your water won’t taste as good, and even your hair and skin can suffer.
Soft water maintains the integrity of your home, makes your coffee and tea taste better and is just plain BETTER for your health.
There are several different water softening systems available that can tailor to your specific needs and budget. Whether you want a system for your entire home, need something specific for well water, or just want softer hair and skin, we have you covered.
|1||PENTAIR WS48-56SXT10 FLECK ||9.9||Check Latest Price|
|2||IRON PRO 2 COMBINATION||9.8||Check Latest Price|
|3||IRON/MANGANESE WHOLE HOUSE||9.8||Check Latest Price|
|4||AQUIOS AQFS220 FULL HOUSE ||9.5||Check Latest Price|
|5||EDDY ELECTRONIC WATER DESCALER ||9.3||Check Latest Price|
|6||CULLIGAN WSH-C125 ||8.8||Check Latest Price|
Top 6+ Best Water Softeners Reviewed For 2019
When it comes to home water softeners, you want to make sure that the softener has the capacity to handle your entire space, your water use, and the use of others who live in your household. The ABCWater Pentair 48,000 Grain delivers big time thanks to a bevy of wonderful features at an affordable price.
- An LCD display and intuitive on-demand metered flow system ensures that you conserve as much water and salt to avoid waste.
- This is a complete system that includes a brine and mineral tank, and a valve with a bypass and adapter.
- Getting the system connected is easy thanks to the bypass valve and 1 inch yolk that has been designed for easy installation.
- To make sure you don’t overfill the tank, a safety float is included.
- Although this is intended for home use, this model includes a commercial grade water softener, which increased the longevity of the machine.
- An overflow drain prevents leaks and spills.
- An amazing value — you’re paying around half of what many other comparable models cost
- Excellent performance
- Long lifespan
- Perfect for any type of home
- Enclosed instructions could stand to be more straightforward.
- Dimensions: 10 x 10 x 54 inches
- Weight: 140 lbs.
This model from Fleck is an optimal choice for well water because it is especially effective at removing iron and scale.
- A fine mesh resin is what makes this model superior when it comes to removing high amounts of iron.
- The model comes with a complete iron hardness test kit so that you can determine the exact amount of iron and hardness in your water.
- A meter-based regeneration system ensures that you don’t waste water.
- The water softener comes with DIY instructions on installation. If you have basic plumbing knowledge, this can save you a pretty penny on professional installation. A installation video is also included to help you install it yourself.
- DIY installation
- Superior removal of iron
- Strong and durable
- If installing yourself, some parts can prove to be difficult despite your basic plumbing knowledge.
- Dimensions: 54 x 10 x 10 inches
- Weight: 92 lbs.
Although this water softener boasts a hefty price tag, it also has several incredible features that make it well worth the expense.
- This model has the ability to remove iron up to 10 parts per million (PPM).
- The system comes with everything you need for installation.
- It does not need to use electricity to operate, which saves you money on your energy bills.
- It is completely safe to use with any type of septic system.
- This model uses a comprehensive five-stage process to ensure that you will never need to worry about buildup or removing iron and manganese.
- This is also a great system for those who use well water.
- The Pelican’s NaturSoft system is a natural and salt-free way to soften water so that it tastes great, is gentle on hair and skin, and is free of mineral buildup.
- Built to last
- Strong and effective performance
- Great way to remove iron
- Never worry about damage to your septic system
- Complete system with all parts included
- Batteries included? No
- Model number: WF6
One of the main reasons that people choose a salt-free water system is so that they don’t have to deal with the maintenance that is required (water softening systems that use salt require routine flushing to maintain the integrity of the system) and the cost of purchasing the salts required for the system.
But when it comes to finding a salt-free system, one caveat can be that the soft water won’t feel as — well — soft without a chemical removal.
Luckily, this model from Aquios does a bang-up job giving you the softest water while also saving you money and maintenance time.
- This system requires no electricity, saving you a ton on your energy bills.
- It is perfect for both drinking water and home water.
- Its six-month replaceable cartridge can descale up to 40,000 GALLONS OF WATER.
- Although this is great for home use, it is a commercial grade system, so it has strength and durability that will last years and years.
- Compact, making it easy to fit into a variety of spaces
- No more flushing or buying salt
- Doesn’t exceed $1,000
Magnetic water softening systems are different from traditional water softening systems in that they don’t soften water by actually removing buildup and scale. Instead, the magnetic electricity suspends this type of buildup so it won’t bother you for certain set periods of time.
And when it comes to magnetic systems, the Eddy Water Descaler can’t be beat.
- Keeps harmful buildup out while keeping healthful minerals in water that you may lose using a traditional water softening system
- Can be installed within minutes and you don’t need any sort of professional installation
- Easy DIY installation
- One year warranty
- Compact and cute
- Same benefits of drinking and using soft water as you would get in a traditional water softening system
- No chemicals or water waste
- Won’t get rid of limescale and other harmful components of hard water, merely delays it
- Dimensions: 6.7 x 1.6 x 3.5 inches
- Weight: 1.46 lbs.
As noted previously, soft water is much better for hair and skin than hard water. Soft water leaves your hair feeling cleaner and smoother and can even lead to an increase in bubbles when you shampoo your hair or clean your body.
When it comes to the best shower head water softener, this model from Culligan is the best of the best.
- The filtration system prevents things like itchiness and dry scalp from occurring post-shower.
- This shower head features five different shower settings for the ultimate shower experience. One setting offers a therapeutic massage.
- No tools are needed for installation and the shower head is easy to install.
- This shower head is also eco-friendly and EPA-certified.
- You can rest (and shower) easy knowing that this shower head from Culligan successfully removes 99% of chlorine, sulfur odor, and scale.
- Easy installation
- Filter lasts approximately six months
- Limits passage and growth of bacteria and other types of pathogens
- The stream is less than five inches wide, so if you’re looking for an immersive drench, it leaves something to be desired.
This fantastic water filter and water softening system is a great option that is easy to install and also low maintenance.
This model is a more affordable version when it comes to a complete home system and it doesn’t disappoint!
This complete water softening system comes at a relatively affordable price and has the strength to perform in large homes.
This is a great model from Whirlpool. Previous water softener models from this company yielded some negative reviews and it’s clear that the company took note and improved by designed the 44,000 Grain Water Softener.
If you’re going to have “BOSS” in the title, you better be able to deliver an awesome product. Fortunately, WaterBoss does just that with Model #950.
GE is one of the most trusted names in the electrical appliance industry. Therefore, it comes as no surprise that they deliver the best of the best when it comes to water softening systems — and this model is at the top of the heap.
Not interested in a water softener that uses soft? No problem! This model from Aquasana has you covered.
This amazing model from Genesis is equipped with a bevy of amazing and intuitive features that will soften your water with hardly any maintenance on your end.
North Star never fails to impress and is considered a big innovator in the water softening world. This model has a ton of intelligent features and everything you need to enjoy the cleanest and purest water.
Final Verdict: Our Top Choice for Your Money
It’s a tough choice, but — overall — we have to give this one to ABCWaters Pentair 48,000 Grain.
You’re going to get the best drinking water, the better water for your home and a bevy of features for an extremely affordable price with this model. On top of that, this model includes instructions that make installation easy and it’s very easy to maintain.
Finally, when it comes to conservation and prevention, this one is at the top of the heap. You can look forward to having this quality system soften your water without glitch or failure for years and years.